IMM 5445 PDF

We are not a law firm and the information contained on this site should not be considered legal advice or a substitute for consulting with a licensed attorney. We are a private company providing access to self-help and professional services at your direction. If you are looking for blank forms, you can get them for free from the IRCC. Select services packages may include an Immigration Consultant Review conducted by an independent, licensed immigration consultant or attorney. Step 2 - Prepare Your Application Save your progress and purchase your application filing package.

Author:Jutilar Gagul
Language:English (Spanish)
Published (Last):2 November 2019
PDF File Size:18.36 Mb
ePub File Size:18.16 Mb
Price:Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]

Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities. Outside of Canada: Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Who can certify copies? Persons authorized to certify copies include the following: In Canada: a commissioner of oaths a commissioner of taking affidavits Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Check with your local provincial or territorial authorities to learn who has the authority to certify. Outside Canada: a notary public Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities to learn who has the authority to certify in your country.

Step 2: Complete the application Filling out the application Follow the step-by-step instructions below to fill out the application forms. Note: It is a serious offence to give false or misleading information on these forms. The information you provide on your application may be verified. Be complete and accurate Fill out all sections. If your application is incomplete, it will be returned to you and this will delay the processing.

If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page with the appropriate section. Fill out this page and submit it with your application. Question 1 Would you like service correspondence, interview in English or in French? Question 2 Write the date you became a permanent resident of Canada. Question 3 Check only one 1 box to tell us what you are applying for: getting your first PR Card you have not been issued one before or renewing your present PR Card your current PR Card has or will expire or replacing a PR Card that was lost, stolen destroyed or never received.

Important information: Do not apply for a renewal of your current PR Card if it is still valid for more than nine 9 months days , unless your legal name has changed. Otherwise, your application will be returned. Question 5 Write your current last name surname or family name and given names, if different from question A Important information: You must provide supporting documents for any change in your name.

Question 7 Write your date of birth in numerical format. Question 8 Write the name of your country of birth. Question 9 Write the name of your country or countries of citizenship. If you are a citizen of more than one country, list your other country of citizenship in the second space provided. Question 10 Check one 1 box to identify the colour of your eyes. Question 11 Write your height in centimetres or in feet and inches.

Question 12 Write the address where you live in Canada with postal code. Note: All correspondence will go to this address unless you provide your e-mail address in question Question 13 Write your mailing address, with postal code, if different from your address in question A Note: If you provide your mailing address, all correspondence will be sent there. However, PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses. If you provide a third party address, your PR Card will be sent to your residential address the address where you live.

PR Cards will only be mailed to post office PO boxes if this is your residential mailing address. If you do not provide your residential address, processing will be delayed until you provide it. Question 14 Tell us where you can be reached by telephone and by e-mail, if it applies to you. An alternative telephone number can include a business or cellular telephone. Note: By providing your e-mail address, you are authorizing IRCC to send your correspondence to this e-mail. Question 15 Check the box to tell us your current marital status.

Question 17 Check the box to tell us if you have ever been issued a removal order in Canada. You must choose either Yes or No. Question 18 Check the correct box to tell us if an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada officer or a Canadian Border Service Agency officer has ever issued you a Report Under Subsection 44 1 or has made the decision that you have not met the residency obligations for Canadian permanent residents.

Section C — Personal History Question 19 Your Address History: You must list all the addresses you have lived at, inside and outside Canada for the past five 5 years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five 5 years ago.

You must account for each month during this time. Use another page if you need more space to list this information. Question 20 Your Work and Education History: You must list all your work and education history inside and outside Canada for the past five 5 years or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five 5 years ago.

You must account for each month during this time: If you were retired, unemployed, or a homemaker for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location. If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment. Question 21 Your Travel History: You must list all your absences from Canada in the last five 5 years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five 5 years ago.

Fill in the dates of the time that should be assessed. Absences include vacations, absences due to employment, trips to the USA and any other time you left Canada. Section D — Residency Obligation See Appendix A Question 22 If you have been outside of Canada for days or more, list your absences from Canada in the past five 5 years in the marked situations. If you became a permanent resident less than five 5 years ago, list the absences from the time you became a permanent resident to present.

Either outcome may result in processing delays. Sign and date the application form. If you are less than 14 years of age: one of your parents or a legal guardian must sign the application. If you are 14 years of age or more but less than 18 years of age: Your application must be signed by you and one of your parents or a legal guardian. Important information: Your application will be returned to you as incomplete if: the form is not signed and dated; your application is stale-dated dated more than 90 days before we receive it; or post-dated dated into the future Section H — Solemn Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Never Received Permanent Resident Card Question 26 Fill out this section only if you are applying to replace a lost, stolen, destroyed or never received Permanent Resident Card.

If you have dependent children aged 18 years or older, they are required to complete their own copy of this form if a representative is also conducting business on their behalf. Who is a representative? A representative is someone who provides advice, consultation, or guidance to you at any stage of the application process, or in a proceeding and, if you appoint them as your representative by filling out this form, has your permission to conduct business on your behalf with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada IRCC and the Canada Border Services Agency CBSA.

You are not obliged to hire a representative. We treat everyone equally, whether they use the service of a representative or not. Please note the representative will receive all correspondence from IRCC or the CBSA, not the applicant; your application will not be given special attention nor can you expect faster processing or a more favourable outcome; the representative is authorized to represent you only on citizenship or immigration matters related to the application you submit with this form; and you can appoint only one 1 representative for each application you submit.

There are two 2 types of representatives. Uncompensated Representatives: Uncompensated representatives do not charge fees or receive any other form of consideration or compensation for providing advice or services to represent you before IRCC or the CBSA.

Uncompensated representatives include: Friends, family members or other third parties who do not, and will not, charge a fee or receive any other consideration for their advice and services; consultants, lawyers and Quebec notaries, and students-at-law under their supervision, who do not, and will not, charge a fee or receive any other consideration to represent you.

Note: You do not have to pay someone for them to be your representative. IRCC will conduct business with an uncompensated representative if an applicant appoints them on their behalf. Compensated representatives: Compensated representatives charge a fee or receive some other form of consideration in exchange for the representation that they provide.

It is important to know that anyone who represents or advises you for payment - or offers to do so - in connection with IRCC proceedings or applications is breaking the law unless they are an authorized representative or they have a specific agreement or arrangement with the Government of Canada that allows them to represent or advise you.

This applies to advice or consultation which happens before or after a citizenship or an immigration application is made or a proceeding begins. IRCC will only conduct business with compensated representatives who are in good standing with their designated regulatory body. For more information see - Find out if your representative is authorized.

Note: If a representative is being paid or compensated by someone other than you, the representative is still considered to be a compensated representative.

If you appoint a compensated representative who is not a member in good standing of one of these designated bodies, your application will be returned. Learn about using a representative.

General Application Information Appoint a representative Check box to indicate if you are appointing a representative to represent you with your application process. Complete sections A, B and D.

Cancel a representative Check box to indicate if you are canceling a representative. Section A — Applicant Information Write your last name surname or family name and given name s. Question 2 Write your date of birth. Question 3 If you have already submitted your application, write: the name of the office where the application was submitted; and the type of application you have submitted.

Question 6 Check one box to indicate if your representative is uncompensated or compensated. If your representative is compensated, write the membership ID number of:.


Applying - General


ISO 8573-6 PDF

Printing form IMM 5445 (Pdf) on computer



Application to get, renew or replace a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)




Related Articles